Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Auspicious Friday- 16/01/2009

This auspicious day would be exactly a month ago. It was the day my family & I shifted house. (again). I finally have internet at my new place yesterday so I shall finish where I started! Can you believe it, I actually started writing this post 3 weeks ago but never got to finish it...

Anyways! Some moving house rituals..

My dad 'fanning' the chacoal. You'll see why later.

My brother and maid pouring one whole pack of rice into the bucket.

And there you go- a pail of water, the fire burning intensely, and a bucket full of rice.

The reason/meaning behind all these?

Well, the pail of water is to ensure that everything we venture in will be smooth sailing; the fire is to ensure that we will always have a burning passion in all that we do; the rice to ensure that we will always have rice to eat at home.

Quite makes sense, right??

**

I took half a day leave from work and not a full day because I had a presentation thing going on at the office. They call it 'the intern get-together' or something like that. My partner put my name down without asking me, you see. I was damn stressed the nights before because I was so not prepared as opposed to other interns from other departments who were presenting. The chairman and 200 other interns from the september, december and january intakes were gonna be there. My powerpoint slides were, let's just say... too simple, nothing fantastic. I saved myself by trying to talk like how I normally do, and thank goodness from reviews I heard, it went quite well!

**
At night I thought I deserved to party a bit! And I did, thanks to Sammy for invites. :D It was her dad's new club opening- Metropol

Sammy darling!
*hotness*
absolutely love partying with her..

This person, on the other hand...

Hehe, joking, andrew!!
At least he was quite happy with his beer la right? ;)

I invited 'mr.choo' too! (the one on the left, his real name is actually kwok thye)
this was taken at the open bar outside.. :)

Not forgetting the person who drove me that night, teng jun :)
we're childhood friends and i'm glad we still keep in touch!

ze ladies ;)

I had sooo much fun that night! Life's too short to be uptight and once in a while we should let go off ourselves and just.. enjoy. With a lil' alcohol, great company, great music, everything is perfect :) Of course, we should know our limits and never do something against our conscience.. this is what i call party clean. And I'm glad I do that, except for the ocassional a little too much of alcohol.. which hardly even happens anymore :)

**

So this ends my auspicious Friday because we finally moved house (no more living out of a suitcase), my presentation went surprisingly well much to my delight, and i had one of the happiest times clubbing with sammy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"A little too much alcohol which rarely happens anymore..." R u sure, dear? ;D Hahaha! Just kidding!

I miss u, Lynnie! :( I wish Melb & NY weren't so far apart otherwise we could visit each other all the time.

Oooh... Btw, I started a new Fashion blog for my own leisure :) Check it out and let me know wut u think k!

XOXO