Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My rock

My dearest family; my rock, my pillar of strength, my everything.


As I write this, they must have landed in KL already. True enough, I’ve just received an sms from mummy that they have arrived safe. That’s mummy for you - always thinking of others first, making sure we have nothing to worry about. She handed me my graduation present last night:


Mummy has given me a few good books over the years with special written notes inside. At different age and point in time, she would have different words of advice and encouragement for me, but the message she tries to get across is always the same. This time, on my graduation, the message was particularly heartfelt. Among the few sentences mummy wrote that touched my heart deep down were:

“You are meant for a great life, filled with True Wealth. Always do remember to keep a balance in everything you do - health, family, career, friends and spirit. First wealth is health. Without it everything is irrelevant.”

“Mummy wishes that each night: before you retire for the day, you can reflect on your day, smile at what you have accomplished; and each morning when you wake up, you are grateful for being alive, healthy, and full of zest to live another wonderful day.”

Love you, mummy, papa, mama, ken and shaun - for everything, and everything else. Papa for being the man of the family he is - always watching out for us, providing for us, giving us nothing but the best, instilling the value of money in us. Mama for being the caring, concerned grandmother she is - and though sometimes she is naggy, she only means well. Ken and shaun - for being the most patient brothers ever, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything else in the world.


Blood is truly thicker than water :)

No comments: