Tuesday, May 10, 2011

this is for my mother

Today whilst sitting the train to work, I thought of the person that I am today. Of all my achievements thus far, and of all the good things that I have.

Of the qualities that I possess.

Who's behind it? Who seeks and gave me the best opportunities life can offer? The one who sent me to piano classes, guitar lessons. The one who urged me to join this mandarin public speaking class when I was 11. The one who accompanied me in all of my competitions. The one who registered for us OBS camps because it's a good exposure. The one who provided me badminton training. The one who sends us to personal development courses when we were young.

The one who whole-heartedly supported me and even urged me to do lasik when I was 19, because she's done it before 10 years ago and she knows it's worth doing in the long run. The one who got me my first and only designer bag, because she wanted me to remember these two values: to remember that my first designer item was from her, and to know that it's important to be financially independent and not depend on others.

The one who encouraged me strongly to pursue in my dreams, and aspire me to be the best I can be. I can still remember when I was 12, I wanted to be 'the world most famous singer'. (I was young and naive then). I wanted to submit this named article to my school's magazine. And she helped me craft out the big picture and idea of this essay.

The one who taught me the values of being kind-hearted, loving, generous. The one who taught me never to take advantage of others. The one who always puts all of us before herself. And most importantly, gratitude. To always be thankful for what we have.

All that I am today and all that I have, I attribute it to my mother.


They say behind every successful man, there's a woman behind it.

I say, behind the person that I am (successful or not, I am happy) - my mother is behind it.

Happy Mother's Day, my dearest mummy.

I love you.

2 comments:

Evie said...

aw... that's so sweet of u love...

Sarah said...

awww lynnie! what a sweet post! but yes it's true, our mothers are amazing aren't they!