Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the woman I want to be, aspire to be

As you grow older, you start thinking a lot more of the person you want to be, and the person you are becoming. (Or in my case, at least).

We may not realise it, but little things like the way we talk and treat people, the way in which we carry ourselves in our daily lives, the things we do, the people we mix with, essentially form the person we are becoming. We are our greatest asset, we are a walking brand

I then started thinking, what kind of person do I want to be? And what kind of person am I becoming? To different people (or stakeholders in a company, that's what working in a Bank does to you :p), I play different roles. If I were to get married in the future, how do I see myself being a good wife? What kind of qualities do I seek to have looking from a husband's perspective?

At home around with my family, I want to be a loving family member. To my parents - a respectful and obedient daughter; to my brothers - a caring and responsible sister; to my grandmother - a granddaughter who spends the little extra time she has with her; to my kakak - an employee's daughter who is nice and kind. At work, I want to be a valued employee. A team player, pro-active, hardworking, disciplined, one with integrity. One who is honest. When with friends I want to be engaging, funny, bringing life to the group. I want to listen and understand. I want to be happy for them when they succeed, and be there to emphatize when they are down. I want to learn from them, and in return share with them what I know. When meeting strangers, I want to be friendly and not-judging. (I've been tired and reluctant to make new friends lately, this has to change!).

As a person, I want to be one with humour and wit (haha yes, humour is so very important to me!). Ok jokes aside, I want to be someone of compassion, of gratitude, of kindness and love. I want to be resourceful, a go-getter, driving and running after my ambitions and passions in life. I want to be humble, and always willing to learn more.

Thus, I'm now leaving you with a current picture of me: contented but wanting more from and of life; ambitious yet being a realist; thankful yet aiming to cultivate more gratitudedriven and yet knowing how to achieve a balance in life.

This is to hopes that one day, I will become the woman I want to be, and aspire to be.

Yours truly.

No comments: