Wednesday, March 16, 2011

two hauntingly beautiful songs

It was pouring this morning while I was driving to work. When this new song came up on the radio, I was completely taken in. Nothing like a good song to brighten up a gloomy Wednesday morning.

Don't you wanna stay
by Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson

I really hate to let this moment go,
Touching your skin and your hair falling slow,
When a goodbye kiss, feels like this


Don't you wanna stay here a little while?
Don't you wanna hold each other tight?
Don't you wanna fall asleep with me tonight?
Don't you wanna stay here a little while?
We can make forever feel this way
Don't you wanna stay?


Let's take it slow I don't want to move to fast,
I don't wanna just make love, I wanna make love last,

When you're on this high, it's a sad goodbye



**
Another song that has caught my attention recently :

If I Die Young
by The Band Perry

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors
Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even gray, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time


And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand
There’s a boy here in town says he’ll love me forever
Who would have thought forever could be severed by


So put on your best boys and I’ll wear my pearls
What I never did is done

A penny for my thoughts, oh no I’ll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I’m a goner
And maybe then you’ll hear the words I've been singin’
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin’




Loves.

No comments: