Friday, July 31, 2009

Of friendship & love

I don't know why of late I am just so lazy to go out and meet new people; that all I want to do is to stay home, or just stay close to people I am close and comfortable with. Though many people would disagree with this and would say I am still the lively, sociable wei lynn but no, looks are not necessarily what it portrays to be.

It was just the other night that I thought, could it be that I am too complacent with the few, handful friendships that I have, love, feel at ease with and treasure- and that is why I do not bother that much to get close to anyone anymore. Or even take the effort to.

And because of this, I might actually miss out on amazing friendships to be forged- where a good two to three friendships may actually end up to be more. Because I really do see alot of good in people, and alot of potential friendships to be made.

The same goes for relationships. Could it be that I have closed my heart for such a long time now that I refuse to learn to believe, have faith, and love, again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's nothing wrong with enjoying comforting things like family & home :) There has to be a nice balance between that and getting out of your comfort zone. Anyway, not to worry - u'll be meeting a ton of new people (hot boys from Amsterdam) soon enough! Hahah!

Wei Lynn said...

Very nicely said, dear- that there has to be a nice balance between getting out of my comfort zone and that. Guess it's just a phase where I'm sick and tired of meeting new people. Hope it will be gone by the time our Amsterdam trip comes!! :)