Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life in Technicolour

What a long day today! It's only 10.16 p.m. now but I feel so tired already.. Looking at the rest of the boxes in my apartment, I just shook my head; and ask myself why do I have so many clothes and things that I don't even need and use! I'm going to give one whole box away to charity, this is it. I need to get rid of things that are 'extra'. Gosh, could it be similar to mummy's philosophy now of simplying life, ridding things which are not necessary?

Also, a very kind and strict reminder to self: to only purchase things of value- things which I foresee myself using it even in 10 years- things which will possibly last me for a long, long time and I will not get bored of it. Quality, not quantity.

So I went to watch the Australian Open finals today at MSAC! Ahh, so happy! Since young I have always loved watching badminton games, be it on tv or live at the stadium. I will post up the pictures once I lay my hands on them :P Seeing the new president introducing the few new committee members to people like the president of VIC badm association, other players etc did make me wonder if I should have taken up the secretary post offered early of the year. But I guess I decided to leave all these posts and commitments behind now, and I am not regretting it.

And just last night, I had dinner with an old friend. And it made me realize that sometimes, to maintain a friendship one has to look beyond the other's flaws; and instead look for the good traits in that person, and bring it out in him/her. :)

*Yawns, so sleepy already. Think I will head to my warm bed now, and continue to unpack tomorrow. :) Long day tomorrow.. Lunch, lecture, then D & I are going to IKEA to get stuff for my new apartment!! :D Alsoooo.... Sweedish meatballs, here I comee!

G'night everyone! :)

P.S. Trying to make my sleep-early-rise-and-shine-early motto work ;)

No comments: