Sunday, January 20, 2008

This feels amazing!! Never I'd thought I'd be able to wake up in the morning being able to see clearly.. Especially ever since my dry eyes syndrome a few years back.. plus my recent eye allergies, contacts is a no-no.. I do get to wear them somtimes, but only during certain ocassions. And wearing glasses is such a hassle sometimes!

You've no idea, no idea how delighted and relieved I am! I almost couldn't believe it when I passed all the eye examinations(cause I thought dry eyes may have affected the surface of my eye and all), and when I did, I agreed to proceed with the lasik surgery straight away.

Much much much thanks to mummy was so supportive and agreed to let me do it without hesitation at all. And also to pa who accompanied me for the check ups and everything. My eyes are getting better and during check up today the doctor said my vision is good. I'm so thankful everything went well.. =) Er except that I'm not supposed to use the comp for long periods of time and yet I was online the whole night last night lol. I only found that out from the doc this morning. It's ok, what's done is done!

Anyway, this is like a dream come true to me. :)

Speaking of which, my parents are the best! It's that time of the year again- the Malaysia Open. Hehe for those who are not quite sure what's this.. it's an international badminton tournament! Yes I admit I can be quite a fanatic sometimes.. Wait till you hear my story later.. So, my parents accompanied me all the way to bukit jalil stadium to watch the quarter finals. They'd very much prefer to stay at home to watch, yet they accompanied me. Thank you pa & my!

I went on Friday after work. Games started at 6 30 pm. I was sooo excited, like how a 7 year old feels when she/he's about to start school. So anyway let the pics do the talking!!

Presenting mummy & I outside the stadium!!! :]


1st match we watched- Mew Choo vs Eriko Hirose

I absolutely love watching this japanese play! She's so elegant and graceful on the courts.. and she's always smiling, more so after making mistakes. hehe. That's the way girl!! The only 3 players I know of so far who smiles even after they make mistakes are Zhou Mi, Gao Ling and Eriko! Anyway, Eriko gave MC a tough fight but MC prevailed in the end.


Men's singles- Bao Chunlai vs Kenneth Jonassen

Kenneth Jonassen's the bomb la. I've been his fan since ages ago.. after watching the match between him and Taufik in the thomas cup years back, I immediately knew he was a fighter. A true one. I used to tease my friends that he's my knight, my warrior. haaahha.. He's quite old already, 34 years old and yet he's still playing competitive.. By the way, he defeated BCL to advance into the Semis. To watch this match I had to stand and squeeze along with the others at the other end of the stadium as my seats were 3 courts away from the court he was playing. The sacrifices I make for my idols.


Oh and when I was standing watching, this malay guy in songkok(the one in the red square i drew) was cheering Chong Wei on court 2. For years I've been going to stadiums to watch, and he never failed to be there, having a small troop with him, dressed up distinctly, cheering as loud as he can with the crowd supporting him! People who watch badminton have surely noticed and recognized him. He even went to China last year Nov for the China Open I heard, wonder who sponsored him. Lol.

And this is me coming back to my seats after a whole hoohaa which lasted 45 mins or maybe more. I will elaborate now!

I wanted to take pictures with my favourite players. Namely Kenneth Jonassen, Taufik Hidayat, Tony Gunawan, KKK and Tan Boon Heong. I didn't have VIP passes this year as Hou(pet bro) was in Thailand. Last year he got me VIP passes and I sat with the players right in front of the courts! But that was in the KLBA stadium la, kinda different. I was too shy to ask to take pics with the stars last year, despite having many chances. For instance, with the China team. Fu Haifeng, Gaoling and all were sitting one row in front of me! Bloody hell. Why my skin so thin last time!! Plus I was outside when Kenneth was being interviewed and the outside hallway was empty, I could have taken a pic with him, not to mention maybe even have small talks! Again I was too shy. Lesson learned: Whenever you feel like doing something, do it now and do not think too much until you let the chance slip away...

Back to my hooha! Okay. After Kenneth's match, pa and I went out to search for Kenneth.. we tried a few entrances for about 20 mins until my dad gave up and he said he wanted to go back in. Fine, I can do it solo. With my camera in hand, I went to every entrance, mainly the ones outside the VIP lounge and the main entrance, talked to the guards there, made friends with them while waiting for my fav players to come out. I waited for about 15 mins in each entrance, walking to and fro from each one. I even asked the people who came out from the entrances to see if Kenneth is in there, and if they're not sure I'd ask them to check for me, and I even asked one guy to help me ask Kenneth to come out to take a pic with me if it's not too troublesome for him! Too much, I know!!

Along the way, this guard who was guarding the stands(whom I didn't recognize at first) when I was watching the BCL match even recognized me and asked me how was it going. The guards in both entrances quoted me, a 'die hard fan'.

Among the people who helped me, this man who had VIP passes(he was with the sponsoring company) brought me to the VIP area.. yet, Kenneth could not be seen. So sad, ok! I tried so hard. Well, at least I tried.. He's getting old and he may not play competitive anymore, while he's still playing especially for this Open in M'sia, I thought I'd get one pic with him. Not to mention the other players as well.

Anywayss!!

During last year's Msia Open, I went to watch the First round, Quarters, Semis and Finals. The only match I missed out was the Second round one. I had classes still la. I went to the 1st round with mummy, quarters with her again, semis with pa and bros, and finals with CL and Seu Foong.


Chien Loong & I during last year's finals


My obsession then: Vita Marissa

Chen Hong & I

I got to see him play close up during the quarters last year and noticed that his face was so smooth! Plus not bad looking also :P really wan! And he's really friendly, unlike this other china player which I do not want to name who is so snobbish.

And lastly,

Lee Chong Wei & I during the KL Open

Congrats to CW by the way for winning this year's Malaysia Open for the fourth time! He was up against Korea's Lee Hyun Il and for one moment, I actually wanted Hyun Il to win. I don't know why... Anyway, I wanted Zhu Lin to win as well but the Rasmussen girl got better of her in the end.

Alright, I better go off now.. must have bored u guys to death!! Hehe sorry... I just love this game. Should start picking it up soon, been laying it off for months and maybe years now.

Good night all! :)

1 comment:

poh eng said...

Dearest Lynn, your recollections of the Bangkok trip is just fabulous. Thank you for keeping such good records. Memories are made of these. And 'do you know how many times you thanked me??" Am glad that you are grateful for what you have....