Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Williamstown

First of all, I'd like to announce that I no longer have any kitchen work at my college!! Completed all 30 hours for Level 1 and 9 hours of compulsory work. Yayy for me!! :) With the little sum of money (actually not that little if you convert it to ringgit) that I earned, I am going to DFO this friday to reward myself with some light shopping.

**
Ok.. back to updates now. :)

What was supposed to be a 2 days 1 night stay turned out to be a 3 days 2 nights stay!

I spent my weekend at a getaway beach house, as I'd like to refer it (though the beach is about 15 mins walk away, but no matter) at Williamstown.

It was my 2nd visit there, we rented a beach house as well last sem, for a post-exams gathering/party. This time, it was a pre-exam thing. Due to the brilliant ideas of the organizers (Chings, Shashi & Ernest), Project Space Monkey has been created where the theme is:

Study harder, Party harder-ER.

Naturally, the plan was to study hard during the day, and when 7pm strikes, the party starts.

Funny right, these monkeys? Lol ;)
*as if we'll study, I know I didn't! hehe*

Now, picture tour time. :D

'Friends' on TV
Miss watching that TV show so much, used to watch it a lot in the December holidays. So you can imagine how excited I was!


One of the organizers of this "project"- Ching Oh as she likes to call herself in facebook
(I think it sounds damn funny lah hehe)

Oh look at my shirt: I'm indeed a SuperGirl :D

The partial group of us on the first night


... And another group picture.


Card games were on immediately after dinner!

Wah, the guys just can't wait to start the card/drinking games lor. And they were already drinking before dinner started. Ching can be counted as one of the guys :p Lol! Anyways we had Tandoori Chicken for dinner. Yumm yumm, it was soooo good that it didn't even satisfy my appetite at all! I just want more and more. But supply was limited :( Credits go to Chings, Shashi and (hmm I'm not sure who else) for marinating the chicken! Scrumptious =)

Oh, guys can pout as all.. don't ever underestimate them!

Out of all these... I only had 1 glass of Sangria and 1 bottle of beer by the way.
('Cause my parents read my blog & I know they'll surely question me seeing the amount of alco on the table. So I better make it clear BEFORE they question me. Out of concern, of course. I'm thankful.)

I'm fortunate to have this sweet couple as my good good friends!
*Love you, Jo & Nick!*

Lol.. Taha & Laughlan DJ-ing!

Laughlan, a friend of Sonia & Taha's.. he's soo funny I tell you! He reminds me of the manager/right hand man of Meryl in Devil wears Prada. Into fashion, shopping, all these jazz. And he simply lovess Britney Spears songs!! Esp 'Piece of Me'. He was syok-sendiring when the song came up.. Hehe. He's half British, half.. hmm can't remember! I found him amusing! :p 'cause his response can be very exaggerating and dramatic, with the hand gestures and all ;)

In the hall chilling


Hahaha this shirt is so wrong! That's my childhood friend, by the way.
A small world ain't it, I guess everyone knows everyone in Melbourne.


The 'survivors' as Ching calls it. We were cleaning up the mess. Did I mention that we ended up with some messy water fight? Shashi made dahl & we had dahl and rice for supper.

Simple yet... satisfying. :)

I shared a bed with the couple. I felt so bad lah, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable sleeping anywhere else with anyone. Had a great chat with Jo till wee hours of the morning.

The next morning:

Shashi the pro-chef making his tosei, yo!

After chilling a bit in the house, we headed out to the town itself. Time to grab lunch.

I had Calamari & golden fries.. It was so-so only.

... despite it being the 'best' fish & chips place in Williamstown. Eh, wait, that's why the calamari wasn't superb... coz it ain't fish! Ok, I'm quite lame sometimes.

The place we had lunch. Top of the Bay, no wonder I feel like I'm on top of the world standing on that tool (rigghhtt..)

Now, behold of some gorgeous pictures of the harbour I've taken:



... Gives you that peaceful feeling, doesn't it? I am in love with the view.

A beautiful view calls for a beautiful pic filled with beautiess! That's us :)

A few left us on the 2nd day, and another bunch joined us. I was supposed to leave as well, but the sound of having Bak Kut Teh.. I just cannot resist! So I stayed on :p

The new bunch minus Suyan, Mich, Hil & Ben

I feel like using the 'f' word here lol. 'Cause it's f***ing awesome!!!


See, everyone's acting like hooligans jumping on the BKT

It was basically a chilling night on the 2nd night, with minimum alcohol. We watched American Pie 4 Beta House on DVD, with occassional sippin' of Sangria. Then we played Hide & Seek. Ben's request. That guy ar. And I, being the genius, hid in the best spots where no one could find me, but shash had to blow my cover... Lol! Gooood times. :)

Got up at 8.30 a.m. the next day, and checked out at 10.

Bye, Williamstown!

A BIG thank you to the organizers for this amazing short stay at the beach house. From buying the groceries, drinks, to renting the place, to planning out the activities and

most importantly,

for being awesome companies =)

Lynnie now needs to study a bit to make up for her 3 days 2 nights in Williamstown... where she was supposed to study... as stated in the 'plan'.

No comments: