Saturday, September 22, 2007

Randomness.

I currently need to:

Start looking through my Micro econs, ARA, QM1 and Finance 1 assignments. If I roughly know what to do, it's fine. Thing is, I don't even know the questions. It's all due after the hols.

Library, here I come tomorrow!

---

On Thursday, I, Wei Lynn, cooked something for the first time in her life. *please clap your hands*

I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients with Mich. We wanted to cook 'yee min'. My all time favourite ;) haha. I don't even know what ingredients we needed man, except for the main ones like pork, prawns, and cabbage. I'm a seafood person :)

So, after *roughly* figuring out what to get, I thought hey we should ask the cashier(the woman who owns the grocery store) how to cook it. Come on, how can we even think of cooking without even knowing what's the first step??!! So I asked and YAY i rushed back to prepare. haha.

It was sooo fun pouring sauces all over okay, adding more of this la, that la. It was okay at first, but in the end, instead of making it wet, we made it half wet half dry. But but, aaron & jess liked it! (at least i think they do)

So, you see, I'm starting to think that I might have some talent in cooking....

---

Oh, why am I cooking eh?

You see, it's spring break now so i've moved out of college and currently staying in yuet's apartment. Not mentioning apartment hopping from time to time, like jee wei's :) So, no more meals prepared for me, have to cook lor =( but i'm starting to like it! cause i feel like a pro haha.

When I come back, I'll cook for anyone who wants to try my cooking kay? I know my parents will be the first who'd want to try. They're so supportive laaa.

---
I spent last night with Jee Wei, Kah Ho and some other friends. We went to this apparently really good club and lined up for an hour but didn't manage to get in in the end! So much for my enthusiasm in clubbing ;) so we headed to Crown at 1.30 a.m. for supper. Ooh lala. Food beats anything man.

And jee wei's friend, bernita who's born in indonesia but lived in s'pore, wow she's a hard core clubber man! Used to be, she claimed. Like, she used to club at least twice a week, sometimes even Mondays and Wednesdays.

Haha let's just hope I won't be on the clubbing high. I'm not much of a clubber anyway. I'm more of a homelyyy person :)

Stayed over at jee wei's.

---

Today, played badminton for three good hours. Aaron and chin yu came along yay yay.
I had a good time. I really really want to improve my game and enjoy it without being self conscious playing with people better than me!

Speaking of which,

I was a bit angry at myself last Sunday, as I lost in the melb uni open tournament. I played singles.. I started questioning my talent in badminton then. Talk talk talk to my mom, yeah she said I'd just stick to being a social player. Come on, I can't compare myself to all these state players who has been training a few times a week for years, right? Though sometimes I wish my parents had sent me to trainings like these...

Not to mention that I played like shit, sigh it's just me to give up so easily.
And it's not the first time.

No
, I won't ever give up that easily anymore. I won't.

If it's gonna take me years to change, I will.

What's the quote again?
'Losers quit without trying, winners try.'
Or something like that.

---

This is what I believe in:

Whenever you're sad/depressed, don't keep it all in, start blaming the world, or lock yourself in your room.

Reach out to people, instead.

Make someone happy. Anyone.

Either complimenting someone on her dress, or talk to an old lady in the bus, or buying desserts for your friend, or I don't know, anything.

That's about the best you can do,
give unconditionally,
and you'll be happy again.

'We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.'
Winston Churchill.

---
Good night! :)
p/s: Pics on Great Ocean Road and all outings will be up next next week hopefully. Connection right now's not exactly at its best :(

No comments: