Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm currently in Franktate, using the internet that I still do not have at my new place. For those Melbourne Uni students, you would know how peaceful Franktate is at night, with its slow, classical music playing in the background, and the many many desktops it offers. Anyhow, coming here to blog, I have so much to say I just needed to let it out.

So far staying on my own is great. I love it. Waking up to making my own breakfast, taking my own sweet time to get ready, and go to uni and run activities for the whole day, come home at night and unwind, sleep. This part, is ok. The other part- my accomodation- not so ok. The unit I got was pretty small, still, no matter. It's the weirdly shaped unit with the large beam from the ceiling that is so annoying! Well if you believe in feng shui (my dad does), it's not good to sleep or study or do anything under a beam. I have a huge beam in the middle of my room and it's making me difficult to move my furnitures around to 'get away' from the beam seeing as my unit is already small.

This, I have to blame my bad decision making skills. My indecisiveness. I have actually chosen a better unit before I chose this unit, but because I kept changing my mind, eventually I settled with this unit which was the least good choice. So many times this has happened to me and yet I have not changed. Really, one of my resolutions this year, and for being 21, is to be able to be steady in making decisions and move on with it.

I quote my mom 'Sometimes in life, we want to get the best, but we really don’t know what is the best.. if can get close to the best, and it will give us much peace of mind, we should decide early and make the most of it, and more importantly use the extra time we have to live life more rather than keep thinking about it.'

There are no other available units for me to move to. But if I happen to come across a good 2 bedroom accomodation, I will break this lease and go on with the new one... I really hope to settle down quick so I can focus on my studies and other curricular activities. Then again, somtimes I think I dawn this upon myself, for being so indecisive, reckless that I think I deserve this as a punishment, to actually hit me, will then I learn.

Putting all these aside, Uni has been great. Despite missing home so much on the first day I arrived here, the consequent days have been really good. Seeing so many familiar faces as you walk from one end of the campus to the other end, exchanging hugs and catching up, going to lectures, taking part in this and that, I really love being a student. Not forgetting that me taking an Advance Mandarin subject this sem is an added bonus to the excitement of my academic life!!

It's 12 a.m. now and I should head home.. Please let it not be raining. The weather these days is so erratic. And cold. I don't like. :(

No comments: