Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I just wrote an article to hand in to "The Globe", IH weekly newsletter. But, as I copied most of the sentences from the book I read (due to the author's explicit ideas and genuine style of writing), the editor said he can't publish it as it's copyright infrigement. I'd have to write what inspired me instead from this abstract.

Anyways, I'll just copy and paste the "original" article here okay? It's so meaningful I wanna share it with all of you!! :D

**

Falling in Love

Today I’m going to talk about... love. Particularly, love with “the one”, soul mate, or however you call it.

Sometime early this year, my mother presented me a book entitled “Teen love series on relationships”. The teachings and insights I’ve gained so far has been with me ever since. I’m now going to share the beauty of this book with all of you.

Love is a wonderful thing. I’m sure all would agree with me. When your heart opens up and you see another person through loving eyes, it truly is one of life’s best experiences. When another person looks at you in return in that special way, you will think you have discovered heaven on earth.

It is a mystery why we fall in love, how it happens, why some grow and why some fail. Just as life itself is more than the sum of bones and muscles in the body, love is more than the sum of physical attraction, interest and commonalities that two people share. And just as life itself is a gift that comes and goes in its own time, so too, the coming and going of love must not be questioned in its ways.

Very often when we first experience love, we try to grasp it and hold it tightly. We refuse to see that love is a gift freely given and a gift that freely moves away. When a relationship is falling apart, we try desperately to reclaim the love that is lost rather than accepting the gift for what it was, then moving on.

We want to know answers where there are no answers. We want to know what is wrong with us that makes the other person no longer love us. We blame ourselves and try anything to find meaning to what has happened. Until we accept its own mysterious ways, we live in a sea of misery. Truth is, there is no meaning beyond love itself.

If you find yourself in love with a person who does not love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn’t choose to rest in the other person’s heart.

All we can really do is accept love for all its mystery when it comes to our lives. Feel the power of it that drives us to do better, then reach out and give it away. Give it back to the person who brought it alive in you. Give it to others who seem poor in spirit. Give it to the world around you in any way you can.

The secret of love is that it is a gift, and that it can be made only by giving it away.

Love has its own time, its own season, and its own reasons for coming and going. We can’t bribe it or coerce it or reason it into staying. We can only embrace it when it arrives and give it away when it comes to us. But if it chooses to leave, from our heart or from the heart of our lovers, there is nothing we can do and should do. Love has always been and will always be a mystery.
Be glad that it came to our lives for a moment. If we keep our hearts open, it will come again.

Now when I look back at my past relationship, I look at love as a great teacher. Learning is often painful. But I thought of what the book taught me, ‘you will never lose at love if you always ask yourself what it is teaching you, and you listen very carefully when it answers.’

Remember, you don’t choose love. Love chooses you.

Note: This article is taken out from an abstract from the book I mentioned above.

**

There you go! Hope some of you will be inspired by this article. I did. :)

Hmm, now I have to brain storm on what to write...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice article, i didn't see things that way..

Luke Lim said...

woot! I randomly stumbled on your blog.

I think that that would have been a much better read than Han being a sexy single if you ask me.

cheers! =P

Anonymous said...

wow...finding your blog wasn't hard at all. all i did was type "wei lynn blogspot". see wei lynn...my dad isn't the only famous person.

now you try and find mine :)

Wei Lynn said...

haha hey luke!! what a surprise that you stumbled on my blog. and thanks =)really happy that you liked the article. hope it inspired you :)

anonymous 2: hello ching :) found my blog in such a short time? lol. oh please! your dad's super famous ok. and i will find your blog. just wait!

Char said...

hello, i found ur blog from jac's :) looks like ur stay in melbie so far have been pretty interesting n fun. we should meet up again some time

Wei Lynn said...

hey charlene da dreamer :) you're yee shuang i know! hehe. i'll link you to my blog okay since you found your way here. lol. of course we'll meet up again some time! it's really nice talking to you =)