Monday, October 29, 2007

Sigh, exam frenzy is up high in the air now! What amazes me is, I see students studying in the library at 11 at night, on Sundays, in the dining hall, everywhere! Melbourne Uni students are hardcore. And what about me?? I just started. Hope it's not too late.

"You're never too late as long as you reach before your destination".
(Please let it be true!)

Hmm, I was supposed to answer the questions tagged by Jac Kee. But it's tough as these questions require extended period of thinking, so I'll postpone it till the next post. :) It's the first time someone tagged me so I must, must complete it!

I feel like eating, I wanna eat. But, I'm not hungry! I'm just greedy. Should I eat, or not?
Sigh. Self-control, wei lynn..

Look what I posted on the brick walls of my study! :

Lol. Self-affirmative notes to raise my spirits in accordance to the exam frenzy.

One for each subject, how perfect =)
(I think only last min students turn to these kinda methods, sadly)

**

Last Friday, 26th Oct:

We(suyan, mich & I) decided to join PJ and all for the Fiesto Latino party at Equinox. Salsa and latin songs on the top floor, R&B on the ground floor. I really, really admire those who can dance so well!

PJ's a french so obviously he can dance salsa ;)

Hey, Singaporeans (Jun Shen) can too! He was teaching the girls how to dance, in fact. No joke!!

PLUS, it's also happens to be:

SHEUE YNG'S BIRTHDAY ON THE 26TH OCT!

Happy Birthday dear! We've been friends since form 1. It's been 6 years now. Though you may be in London and here I am in Melbourne, distance is nothing when it comes to friendship!! I hope you're having tons of fun there. Much from love from me.
*hugssss*

**

Aww and look at this pic below!!

Pretty, ain't it??
I took it at 6 a.m. in the morning from my room. Yes, that's the view I have from my room!! =) Daylight saving started then (Sun at 2a.m). Maybe that's why the skies were of extra colours..

For those who don't know:
Daylight saving is the practice of advancing standard time by one hour in the spring of each year and of setting it back by one hour in the fall in order to gain an extra period of daylight during the early evening.
I had to add one hour of my time in Melbourne!! Unbelievable & awesome :)

**
Ahh, ICAC'S Battle of the Bands last night!! Had to go support the IH band baby!! It was an inter-collegiate event.

Sunday night, 28th Oct:
@ The Metro


Monica, me & wei.

I haven't introduced Wei before. She's an exchange student from China. We became friends during O-Week. A very soft spoken girl she is ;)

THE IH BAND!!

What's so special about our band is that the guitarist Wiggy(above), can play the guitar on his back without looking at it!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!

*sighs and gasps in utter disbelief*

Musically inclined people never fail to make me gaze at them in awe.

Dhivia, our vocalist was awesome. She reminds me so much of Whitney Houston. The other band members were great too.

James- the Drummer.


Ormond's Band.


Clayton, our other vocalist.




And on the way walking back, we decided to take a random pic. :)



**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wei Lynn,it was real sweet of you writing about Ken and Shaun. You are such a great elder sister. Papa very proud of you. Want to also wish you good luck to your exam starting tomorrow Nov6. Pls take it easy. I know you will do very well. We all look forward to have you coming back home next month for your holidays. Papa loves you.