Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's funny how time flies so fast and how things turn out to be in the end.. The other night we had coffee and pancakes for supper at an Italian cafe on lygon street, and this topic came out.

We were discussing about our common friends who are around the world studying, not just studying overseas, but in prestigious universities. And we can't help but to feel a sense of pride, *ahem ahem, ming!* he even added this sentence: "I rubbed shoulder with so and so before!" Well, I can say the same: "He taught me Math before!" :P

And I thought of my school friends from Wesley Methodist School, how most of them are now in London unis like King's, Imperial, UCL, LSE.. how life was back then in high school where none of us knew where we were heading yet.. The thought of unis weren't even in our conversations and minds.. all we were worried of was PMR andboy girl problems.. hehe..

Then came along upper high of secondary school, where I changed schools.. I still took part in many activities, now for a different reason..to build up my resume. Back in primary and secondary, I was active in this and that because I enjoyed it..Little did I know it helped a great deal in the future.. It did.. Each and every competition, activity I participated in helped build me as a person.. I'm so thankful for that. From mandarin public speaking in primary, to netball and badminton in high schools, dance performances in kdu, and being in leo club etc.

Then came along college.. where everyone started getting serious about the future. I can still remember last year.. when I just enrolled for A-levels in Taylors..I wanted to do Law, and the best place would be the UK.. so A-levels it is.. and as time passes, uni applications started coming in.. my college mates and I were ambitious.. we aimed for only the top unis in UK.. the most fun part was our cambridge application.. It is etched in my memory because a few of us(sm, therez, fan) applied together and sort of assumed that we are getting in.. Haha.. and the thought of how sm and i used to prepare each other for the interview.. about how will we be questioned.. what to wear.. about OUR CALLINGS... then we are meant to get in.. my gosh, so hilarious now that I think of it.. All these are precious memories that I will not forget..

And now there's facebook, and suddenly I see friends whom I havent contacted in ages.. All around the world.. And I can't help but to feel happy, joyful and proud of them.. We were once friends and now we're all grown up, mature, ready to fight the world! (haha) Ready to be ready for the future.. Really, years back I'd never have thought we'd end up in unis around the world..

And now, I'm in Melbourne Uni, along with almost all Sam students and only a handful of a-levelians.. I made new friends, got closer to friends whom were just hi and bye back in Msia.. and I had never regretted it ever since..

Though I admit for a few days I wished I had chosen Warwick instead..(when I saw pics of warwick and chatted with friends there).. but fate brought me here instead and I am happy and contented to be here.. I want to maximize my life here in Melbourne.. and as a student in one of the top unis in the world, I must say I'm very very grateful and blessed to be here.. Grateful to have such loving, understanding parents.. who want nothing but the best for my brothers and I.. I love you all so much, pa and mummy, really..

I'm going home soon, in less than a weeks' time. Gosh.. time really does fly.. just a moment ago I was in KLIA, departing for melbourne.. now im flying home.. I can't wait to see my brothers again, ken and shaun.. I miss those times where I fetch ken and shaun around.. where they envy me soo badly and looked me in awe because their small sized sister can drive.. I can't wait to see my parents, wise and funny and lame and generous and kind-hearted.. to go for suppers with them(that's my dad's favourite), and to play badminton with my family..to choose places to eat.. I can't wait to see my grandma.. She's such a loving woman.. always taking care of me, though she can be annoying at times.. still I miss her.. I swear I'm fetching her to KFC when i go back.. I miss her cooking.. and my maid too, for being such a great help in the house..

A lot of my friends have already left.. I'm so happy and excited for them!! =) Well it's going to be my turn soon.. so yeap.. hehe.. All I can say to my family is that: The house is going to be noisy again!!
Alright, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my holidays in melb.. so far I've gone to the beach, shop a little, gone to crown to play black jack, and chill a lot.. now at elaine's place where it's so peaceful as it's far far away from the city.. been drinking every now and then too.. lovin' it! :P see you all soon, very soon.. I can't wait to board the plane.. and eat the food on the plane.. I love it!!

Hugs from me =)

3 comments:

poh eng said...

I love you Lynn. We all love you. Come home soon ya! Mummy is taking you to facials, spa, badminton, makan makan, shopping, somemore what ar...aiya, we do as many things as you want to do with me together k?
Also, we are going to Singapore and Bangkok for short hols..Have a safe flight dear...see you soon

Dr Raymond, previously Kon-sama and pre-previously Rurouni) said...

hehe good that u r enjoying every moment of ur life here!Uni life passes by very fast(unless u r doin a long course like myself)..so remember to hav as much fun as u can at all times

P.S.: Woah...heard u trashed Jia Wei the other day in badminton...scary...fortunately i didn't go there to embarrass myself, lolz!

Wei Lynn said...

Thanks mummy!!! You rock!!! Ahhh =D Thank you and I am very very much looking forward to all these activities!!

Raymond! Lol. :) We must meet up still yea next year?? Let's play badminton together too.. And pls la, I'm just an average player!! Thanks for dropping by my blog!!