Monday, March 3, 2008

Ahh I'm going to break the rule of first floor Wadham again(a rule I set up for my own good). I broke it last night as well. I was doing so well! Wanna know what the rule is? ;) Hehe.. It's: not to offer wei lynn food, even if she requests it from you. Mich was being too nice last sem by giving in to my endless requests for food at odd hours of the day(like 3a.m. in the morning), thus my tummy is '3 months pregnant', quoted my darling brother Ken. And for the past 5 days I was so disciplined! I didn't have any tea time snacks/suppers at all.. and my tummy went flat! I was overjoyed =) BUT it didn't last too long :( To ADD ON, I just bought one whole dozen of Krispy Kreme dougnuts for only 10 dollars! What a great deal :D gonna snack on all the waay tonight! :) hehe.

Anyway, I've arrived Melbourne safely last Wednesday evening. First time flying alone didn't turn out too bad. As I arrived, I unpacked and went to Yuet's place to collect all my other luggages.. took a cab to and fro. At night, we went to Vic Market. It's quite a huge thing in Melb as you can hardly find any markets or shop open after 5pm.. think like M'sia meh, got pasar malam all. Hehe.

Night market @ Queen Victoria Market

Mich stayed over and helped me unpack hehe. Thanks yea dear! Heyy I did help her in return too okayy to move into her new apartment.. Anyways, I went to Uni the next day for the Clubs & Socities thingy and also to settle my time table. Went to Big W after that to get some necessities. At night, went to Derrick's homewarming dinner gathering @ his place in Coll Sq, Lygon.


Oh how everyone adores Nutella :D
-me in Big W-

On Friday, went to Uni again to settle some clubs & socities stuff. I decided to join 2 clubs this sem :) Chilled at IH after that till dinner time... then I was off to Hillary's homewarming gathering at night.

On Saturday, I participated in the Amazing Race organized by MUOSS. Little did I know what was it about till then... (I don't watch Amazing Race ok!) Anyway, we went all over the place and I learned my way around much more than the whole of last semester. Pathetic of me, I know. For me, the best part of the Amazing Race was when we had to perform outside Vic Mart at the streets in front of strangers. We needed an applause in order to clear through this challenge. We were given loops, a guitar, drums. We sang 'Uptown Girl' and Sandy did this funky dance. They did applause, very loudly in fact. And we scored maximum for that challenge =) Was really fun! Oh, another challenge was throwing frisbees at St.Kilda's to gain points! Was my first time throwing it :P and i threw pretty well hehe.

Among the places we 'hunt' for were:

Prahan market- Mummy would love this place so much! She likes having breakfast or any meal for that matter in cosy places like this.


This is Sandy in front of... hehe shy la, I don't know what building is that!!


City of Lights where the main attraction's Graffiti


And my group called it a day with some good gelato ;)

At night, I attended the IH Clubbing night for freshers 2008. It was held at "The Heist". Invited Elaine over as well as I haven't seen her in quite some time :) Am glad she had fun. She stayed over that night.




On Sunday, lazy Sunday hehe... Woke up for Brunch and was supposed to go for my badminton game! But the day was too beautiful and sunny to be spent indoors... So a few of us headed to the beach. We chose South Melbourne Beach. It's gorgeous, I tell you.


Li yen & I in the tram


Volleyball games were on =)

We didn't get to play volleyball but we played... frisbee! It was my first time(minus the Amazing Race which was just throwing) and I learned a few good techniques from Grace! We had funn ;D

Sun tanning ;)

All of us :)

L-R: Me, Vic, Brittany, Grace, Chiau Lin, Li Yen


Hehe syok sendiri onlyy


Aww Seagulls! They were scared of me though.. :(

Oh my gosh I love this pic cause i look so thin here, which is a very rare sight now!


I wanted to end the day with something to remember- asked 2 hunks to have a pic with us! :D haha

FRIES from Flinder's- apparently the best fries ever

Boost is a MUST for any hot sunny day! :)

So far everything's going well =) I'm happy with my timetable, happy with my subjects, happy with my floor, floor mates, and everything. How you guys doing back in M'sia? Do email me from time to time alright ;) Missing all of you, every minute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wht's with girls and their obssession with flat tummys? (don't blame it on men whom u ppl are apparently trying to impress, i'll smack ya! :P) crazy i tell ya! i say live life eat wht u can all u can and let the tummy take care of itself! lol