Monday, March 31, 2008

Updates so far =)


I really felt guilty for skipping the badminton social game yesterday. (But I'm over it now :p) Last semester, the amount of times I attended the weekend social games are only a handful. Now that I got into the committee this year, I should really take this more seriously. On a more positive note, I could feel some slight improvements in my game during the past two times that I played. I'm happy! Practice makes perfect, how true is that. Of course, one must also be humble enough to keep learning. I really, really hope to bring my game to a higher level this year! This calls for more games, thus more experience => more confidence!

To make myself feel better, I only missed the game today because I was totally knackered after the volunteering of the run4kids marathon. Funds are raised for the kids every year over here in Aus through this marathon. I got up at 4.30 in the morning (I only managed to sleep at 2 the night before). I've always wanted to be part of some volunterring programmes and here I am achieving it, my ever first one. I was a sector marshal, hence my responsibilities include guiding the runners along the tracks, and to look out for runners who need help. Though my contribution may be minial, it's a stepping stone nonetheless.

As I decided to skip badminton in the afternoon (I crashed on my bed after brunch), I chanelled the energy I have left to tidy up my room. I did laundry (to wash off the past week's clothes and most importantly bed sheets, comforter sheets) and I wiped off all the dust in my room. Dust has seem to have taken a particular liking towards my room as every corner of my room is filled.. with dust. Damn you, dusts. But but, I feel so much better now that my room is clean :) And my comforter and pillow sheets smell soo good! :p To add on, the weather now is a cooling much!

Well, Easter break officially ended yesterday. How did I spend my one week break?

I hit it off with a day trip to Grampians with the International Commerce Students Society. It was a relaxing trip, with many stops in between for photo taking sessions. I expected hikings and going through the roughs in the jungle, but apparently not. Nonetheless I enjoyed myself with good company and I made a few new friends as well. What was funny was that Hil and I were hyped up about something (an inside joke) that we took so many presidency and vice presidency shots. Lol. Don't bother guessing what joke is this about... :)

Also, my floor mates of Wadham First Floor and I rented a car and hit the roads to Mildura, to visit one of our dear floormates Zach. Despite it being a long, exhausting 6 and a half hour drive, we enjoyed every minute of it. How could we not, when the company was awesome and what with Feli's ipod playing in the car with DJ Khatri and Chouhan spinning! Hehe. Another inside joke. :p Who went? Feli, Wiggy, Khatri, Harsh & I. We had so many hilarious and lame ass moments. Sang-kyu and Ming Hui was over at Zach's place as well. I will elaborate more of this trip in another post. :)

It was also Jo's birthday during the one week break. Her birthday fell on the 27th of March. Her beloved Nick organized a surprise party for her where plans were made weeks back. Ching also helped out a lot and through this I could see the wonders of friendship, how one is willing to go the extra mile just to make a friend happy. I hope I am one to good friends of mine. And if I'm not to some, I hope to be one. The surprise was held at Puggs, Lygon Street and many of Jo's good friends around and cousins turned up. She was shocked at first and I could see tears in her eyes as she hugged friends from one to another. I am so happy to see her so happy. To those who know jo, you'll definitely agree with me that she's one great friend, and I feel so fortunate to know her.

Other than that, I spent my time having lunches and dinners with dear friends whom I was supposed to meet yet have not had the time/chance to meet. For instance, having lunch with PJ, dinner with Mich and Suyan, lunch with high school friends.

I hit Friday off with some studying (chit-chatting more like it) in the State Library with a few high school peeps. Then it was dinner with them, and clubbing at Seven. I finally checked Seven out after soo long. It was a short clubbing session as we (Khai, Justin and Jee Wei) were tired and weren't really up for it. Nevertheless, it was good seeing them again. I don't know why but I feel really comfortable hanging out with old friends. This means we should always treasure old friendships even after making new ones :)

I've got two tests this week- Macroeconomics and Principles of Business Law. And many tutorials to be completed. And with a BPA assignment up already! :( Considering that I've been slacking for a month now, this calls for some serious studying business this week. Not that I will be thaaat serious, but I will try my best to buck up in my studies. Sometimes I forget that I'm here in Melbourne to study and to graduate with a first class honours degree. Hehe. Just joking, papa and mummy! I will have to keep telling myself that from now on. Lol. :)

Alright people, that's some updates in my life here so far. Will update soon when I have the time. Take care, everyone.

P.S.: Happy Birthday Char and Ding Shyong! One in San Fransisco, one in London. Wishing the both of you.. the best in everything that you do. And to be happy, always. :)

4 comments:

crushedguava said...

Hello hello.

This is Jian Wey, from badminton. Good day to you. Haha.

Wei Lynn said...

Haha hello to you too! So funny la such a small world..

crushedguava said...

Hahaha, ya lar. You were in the same class as Jiat issit?

Anonymous said...

ahhh easter breakk!! how i could do with a 4 week break! easter is awesome! haha feels sad to think tht i'll nvr enjoy a random long hol like tht again anytime soon... (makes me sound old too! lol) oh i'm all good here, hope you're doing the same there! take caree! =)