Monday, March 10, 2008

Last Saturday, I attended a picnic brunch at the Royal Botanical Gardens organized by three clubs- ICSS, ILSS, and IESS. Needless to say, the sight of it matches exactly the name of the place :) The scenery was beautiful, serene, overwhelming! To top it off, we had our picnic near the little stream. Food was free too and we fed our stomachs with dominos pizzas, sandwiches, fruits, drinks.

As we were walking to RBG.. The Shrine of Remembrance looked majestic.


From far- look at the amount of people who came for the gathering(or for the free food, I don't know :p)


I came with them- Yuet, Ming, Suyan and Khee Wei


Suyan & I enjoying the serenity of the Garden...


Yes, we girls were enjoying ourselves very much!

I managed to mingle around a little while taking in the gorgeous view we had of the lake.. too bad I didn't get to take a pic of it! :( Also, I got to know the ICSS committee a little better.. As well as members of the other two clubs. In the afternoon I went for my post badminton AGM and I played for a while. Man, it's the first time i've played since i got here and i'm so rusty!! gotta play more!

In the evening, we headed to Canberwall (pardon me if my spelling is wrong) to celebrate Andrea & Shing Yun's 20th birthdayy! We decided on Sofia's, an Italian restaurant which offers absolutely delicious pasta with an even more delicious price! (my delicious here mean cheap ;p)


One of the best garlic breads I've ever tasted!


All of us! There were 30 or more of us, hehe.


At my side of the table :)


The Birthday Girl Andrea with a sexy pout ;)


Now with the other one- Shing Yun, and another fresher Ming


And we ended our main with Gelato for desserts. We had 5 to 6 different flavours for onlyy 5.90!

After that, we decided to stop by Federation Square near the Yarra River to join the fun of MOOMBA FEST for a while! (though we already missed the fireworks and were running late)

The bunch =)

Since we missed the fireworks(hmmph!!) that night which I've heard heaps of awesome reviews about, I sternly decided to myself that I will catch it on Monday night (the last night) and so.. I DID! Went with a few IH friends.. and I did not regret going all the way there for it :)

Magnificent view despite the trees blocking it


I was hungry (as always) so I bought a hugee hotdog! :p
p.s.: don't think naughty yea sammy dear!! hehe.




My first ever video I uploaded on my blog! I'm quite proud of myself, I'd say :)

Take a look at the amazingggg fireworks.. can beat M'sia's, anytime! What's more great is that it's set on the RIVER!

One the lovely companions I had that night- Zachh

P.S.: I really wanted one of those huge soft toys.. but I guess luck and time wasn't on my side.. both nights I went the stalls were closing up already :(
Well it doesn't really matter.. as long as I had fun!! right?? =)

**
Sighs I've got class from 1 to 3 later.. Principles of Business Law. And it's all the wayy in the Law building (which is damn far away) :( and i've got kitcken work to do in IH from 5-8.30 p.m. then it's dance practice for French national night at 9.30 p.m.

Till then everyone!! =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jie! You're back in Aussie already?

Anonymous said...

i love your posts. [=. update more often.

and that gelati looks good. while the war memorial just looks majestic and so stunning.

Wei Lynn said...

Ding Shyong: Hey shyong! Yeap, am back in Aussie 3 weeks ago. :) Haven't you noticed from my posts?!? Hehe..

Anonymous: Hey there! =) Thank you so much. I'm really happy there are people out there who enjoy reading what I write! :)

Anonymous said...

oohh tht's biased! it wouldn't even beat the fireworks i do at home, i rest my case!

Wei Lynn said...

AK: Ah!! you sure?? fireworks busting from a river can you beat that :p hehe. how are you AK?

Anonymous said...

welll...okay i don't know bout fireworks on rivers..but we have some pretty awesome fireworks display in m'sia too, cos it's our very own way to waste a ton of $$! lol i remember there was a fireworks display competition between a few diff countries in putrajaya and i heard it was awesome, too bad i missed it! do you know bout it? surely tht's wayy better, u need to be more just with ur blogging! :p

Anonymous said...

I swear, I did not think dirty till u mentioned it! :P Hahahah!