Monday, March 10, 2008

IH's Commencement Dinner

My past weekend was pretty hectic! Classes started last week..along with many activities in Uni, e.g. free BBQ lunch by various clubs, promotion of clubs and socities which result in free classes(like dance and taekwondo for instance). I attended 2 of the free dance classes and street latin really appealed to me, i might join that. As for taekwondo... hehe I don't think so. I learned till green belt and I'm safe to say I had enough =)

Anyways, IH's Commencement Dinner fell on Thursday, the 6th of March. Naturally, we had to dress formal and had the usual pre-drinks and stuff which I very sadly missed 'cause my floor mates weren't ready and I had to wait for them. lol.

Our appetizer: some sort of salad
(which my dad would be very happy seeing me eat this :p)


Wine is a must; along with the menu


At my table: Rachel How
P.S.: Ken, do u remember her? She's your age and she's from WMS as well!!

Wiggy & I


Zach(my new friend and floor mate) & I


Our main course: chicken breast with that rice dish which tastes sooo good!


Pretty Liesa :)


Chaddah (the super cool dude) & I


Dining hall looking magnificent with litted candles ;)


Luke & I
P.S.: Hehe esther, I wanna give him all my tummy fats!!!


Charlie Jong & I


Evan (a really nice guy) & I


Luxiann!!


... and his other half, Monica =)

After dinner, we all headed to this cafe in Uni for desserts.. it's the tradition of IH to walk to Uni after the commencement dinner. Each of us received this light thingy(u know those where u play with during christmas and new yrs eve), and we had to hold it(with our gowns still on), and walk to uni! Was soo funn.. makes me feel like I'm in Harry Potter land..hehe. I love the Harry Potters' series okay!!

Okay just when we were leaving IH with the light thingy in our hands =S


At the cafe in Uni with 2 of my other crazyyy floor mates- Akshat & Christopher Goldfinch

So basically that's how the Commencement dinner went.. was something different and I've never experienced it before. I came in last year July that's why I missed it! the whole bunch headed to Pugs later on (the uni's pub),but I was too tired to do so.

It's dinner time soon and my tummy's growlingg..will continue with another post soon :)

2 comments:

esther said...

hahahaha... please donn't ... xP take care wei lynn! :)

Wei Lynn said...

HEY ESTHER!! :) lol. seriously lor i want a flat tummy. hehe. u take care too okay! email me sometime soon. ;D