Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shin's 20th which lasted 3 days ;)

My weekend was spent with new friends and close friends I've never seen in ages, and yet when we met- it was just like before- all fun, happiness and lots of laughter. What was the ocassion that brought us together? Lol. It was Tze Shin's 20th! Yes, and I spent 3 days in a row with her. Might as well dedicate this entire post for her. :D

On Thursday, we dined at one of the high end restaurants in Docklands: Berth Restaurant & Bar. The invitation was exclusive as she designed it beautifully and sent it out to a few of her closest friends. I'm glad I'm one of them. :) That night itself, I got to know a whole bunch of Monash Law students (as she is one herself) and I was the only Melbourne Uni student. Something new for a change eh. ;)

Shin & I

My main: Calamari Salad which cost me 16 dollars
(Don't ask me why but I just seem to remember prices of everything)


The WMS gang who went.. :) Justin & Choon Yauw


Justin & I

We used to be close back in WMS and we had so much fun in Math class. Man I missed him! Was so happy to see him that night :) Yes, u're still my beloved pet bro, Justin!


The birthday girl & the cake we 3 got her. :D


And these are the girls who attended the dinner =)

On Friday, I wanted a quiet night-in as rehearsals for French National Night was on after dinner and saturday night was already reserved for the national night itself and shin's huge birthday bash at a club. BUT, gosh this birthday girl ar(whose real birthday wasn't even on that day) wanted to club. Also, I was choosing between her and Khai's thing at seven (khai's birthday was the next day itself). Well, I chose shin's as I was seeing Khai the next day already. Besides, Alvin's friend got us free entries so why not? :) We headed to EVE @ Southbank.

Yes, it's us again. @ EVE

And Ken, Alvin's friend who got us free entries. Thank you! :)

All I could remember was Shin getting pissed drunk that night and I took care of her. Now I know how it feels like to take care of drunk friends ;) I admit, I was a careless drinker last semester and got drunk quite a few times. (Sorry my dearest friends if I have ever troubled you all in any way). However, I promised myself that I will not drink till the extent of getting drunk anymore. The feeling of puking... just sucks. Along with other reasons as well. But, but, it's ok shin, don't worry about it! :p

Shin's birthday celebrationS (note the s) continued and yes it was the final one- on Saturday night, @ Boulevard. She bought a few bottles and so.. a few of us had free entries. :)

Silly U Jun, Jee Wei, me & Shin


The whole WMS gang along with a few friend's friends =)


Oh how I've missed them! Khai, Justin, Jee & I

Khai, Justin and I had tons of memories way back when we were in highschool. Hehe. We, or rather I, was immature then and so things happened and we kinda grew apart. Nevertheless, I am so so happy that we managed to gather that night again after so long and talked like old friends. You guys, including u choon yauw yes hehe, have grown up to be such mature gentlemen! It's really rare to see such pure hearted and sincerely caring guys nowadays and I feel so blessed to have known you guys. Not to mention, proud too ;) We'll meet up during Easter break and I can't wait! :)


And us closer ones, again :)

Finally,

Happy 20th again darling. I've known you since we were form 2.. we were 14 years old back then. U used to be this shy, quiet girl who had a big heart. And now, 6 years later, your heart is still as big and open and warm as ever. Except that now u're more outspoken, confident, and mature. I hope you stay the angelic Shin I know :) I was looking through some old stuff and I came across the letter you wrote me when I left WMS in form 3. Do you still remember it? Lol. Anyway, thanks for being a great friend. Love you, girl!

2 comments:

s h i n said...

omg babe!! thank u soooooooo much. there is just so much i wanna thank you. Thank you for this post! Thank you for celebrating my bday 3 days in a row! And a big big big big thank you for taking care of me when i was drunk. I am sooooooo sorry. hahha.
well, i dun really rmb writing u letters but im sure i did. n thank you so much for being my best friend all these years.
i have always wanted to tell u something, in which i have delayed till now and that is: you have spiritual transformed me in a way, and I thank you so much for who i am today. I love you babe. Thank u so much for everything. N I cant wait to see u again during easter!
See u soon babe, love u and miss u buckets!!! :)
hugs and kisses,
shin :)

Wei Lynn said...

hey shin, lol u made me sound as if.. i'm too good! no no. i'm really lucky to have you as a good friend. :) you're the one who's always patient, kind... i should learn from you!