Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just got back from Brunswick, bought some Oreos and a box of Easy Macs for snacks purposes just in case IH food doesn't satisfy my insatiable appetite, which is usually the case. Decided to have KFC for dinner and dump my late meal aside, how 'thrifty' would that make me =( Also, I got myself a Sidney Sheldon book for only 5.75 dollars- despite me having read all of his series. I just absolutely adore Sidney's books. His work is a piece of art, hence I didn't bother thinking twice spending that money.

Had a short and great chat with Jia Wei during dinner. He told me that he's aiming to spend only 300-400 dollars this whole semester, which is about 4 months. To many that may seem like a very small amount, but to think again, it's actually possible to spend only that amount of money. Firstly, all our meals are provided already in IH. Plus, electricity and water bills are included in the IH bill our parents paid for. So, the money that we'll be spending are just on outings during the weekends. That made me re-think. If he can do it, why can't I?

Starting tomorrow, I shall spend only when I really need to, since buying the Sidney book has deducted major points from this new goal of mine. I'm going to eat in as much as I can, and only spend when I go out during the weekends. I'm aiming for a total of 500 dollars until I return Malaysia end of the year. And that does not include the Corporate Law textbook I'm going to purchase, which is gonna cost me a whopping 100 aussie dollars. If only it wasn't an open book exam, I'd gladly just borrow from IH library- but it isn't and thus I need to highlight and make my own notes in the book.

Did I mention that I can't find my watch? My precious stainless steel watch my mom presented me when I was 15, when I scored straight A's in my PMR. I still remember what she told me, that the watch will last me for a very, very long time, and I will wear it during my first job interview. It's a pretty watch. I miss it badly now. I really hope it will surface one of these days. One thing I don't quite like about myself now is that I tend to be disorganized. I wasn't like this last time, I'm not sure when it got to me. Now, my things are just everywhere and I tend to take for granted the things that I have. Texted my mom yesterday about my watch. She replied saying it's okay, get a new one if it doesn't turn up in 10 days. It's ok to have two watches.

Speaking of which, I really feel blessed and loved to have a family like mine. I was just unpacking and decorating my room the other day, and boy, looking at the things I told family to get me, made me feel... like a princess. It's little things like, I want the sticking board I had in my room back home, and they got me two. I emailed my mom that I wanted an ipod and speakers, and she gave me her ipod and this edifier thing to stick my ipod in. I mentioned I wanted this ralph lauren perfume, this kerastase hair masque, this and that, and they got me, everything. And a few days back, I sms-ed my mom and asked her why am I majoring in Finance and Accounting again- it being my choice solely. She emailed me promptly the next day and made me realize things in perspective. You see, sometimes I wish my parents didn't give me that many choices and lets me decide what I want most of the time. Sometimes I wish they'd decide for me.

A few days ago, I received this parcel from the front office:

A photo frame from my mom; now displayed on my bedside table.

It means a lot to me, thank you mummy.

P.S.: I chopped off my almost-going-to-be-long hair; and now it's back to how it was in form 1-3, short boy-cut hair like. Not sure if it's a good thing. I really did want to leave it long this year. Fate just wasn't on my side, hasn't been.

3 comments:

poh eng said...

Hi Dear

Miss reading your blog, coz you blocked me ah..Glad you love the photo frame of you and me. Can't wait to see a picture of you in short hair..show ya

Love, mummy

Anonymous said...

Lynnie, you are the most grateful girl I know and I think it's really eye-opening and inspiring. I remind myself to model your behavior whenever I feel like a bitch :p God bless! Muah muah~

Wei Lynn said...

Mummy: Hahaha.. I emailed you the pics already :) thanks for the comment mummy. Lol.

Sammy: No, no! I'm trying my best to be grateful.. can be quite hard sometimes though :) I miss you, you know.. :( we must skype one day!