Friday, August 29, 2008

I've been meaning to blog since... forever. But haven't found the time. I have so much to say but each time I am about to get to blogging, I feel tired. Anyway I made it a point to blog tonight since I am staying in on a Friday night :) yes, I am. As surprising as that may sound. I realised that my blog has been deprived of pictures.. so here goes a few, enjoyy! :p

Can you believe that one year has passed already? I almost couldn't. It's insane, how time flies by so quickly. I can still remember this time around the year last year during Uni's Open Day and Colleges' Open Day. Haha, in fact, I started my blog with posts of me going on a college-hop! Remember, readers??

Anyways, about 2 weeks ago was the Open Day for both Uni and Residential Colleges. I signed up to be a tour guide for the college I'm living in. For the mere 3 hours of work that I put in, I get paid (or rather, reduced from my accomodation fees) 65 dollars. A pretty good deal, eh? Some of the locals were really friendly and I really like them! They make you feel appreciated :)

Outside IH- free BBQ sausages for visitors! :)

We were wearing the IH rugby jersey.. Oh I love it and am gonna get one! despite it costing 70 dollars. crazy man. but it's for memories, and plus i get to use the 65 i earned to subsidize this merchandise :) hehe! Luke and I visited a few other colleges that day as well, reaping free doughnuts from Whitney College and free coffee from University College. It was so fun because Luke and I pretended to be high school students inquiring about the college indicating we might want to stay there next year. Reminds me of last year when I toured around colleges with Ben!

Oh, and I remember feeling so tired that day. Only slept at 6 a.m. the night before. Jo darling cooked a few of us a marvelous dinner, and we headed to karaoke after that. My 2nd time karaoke-ing in Melbourne! I had a blast. I must, must go again one day soon :) I miss singing 'zhi shao hai you ni' and all the other chinese, english oldies. I'm such an old-fashioned girl, some people even say I belong to the older generations. Hehe.

Oh, yes. I remember now... on the night of the Open Day itself, it was the Olympics badminton finals between Lee Chong Wei & Lin Dan. I walked all the way to College Square Lygon at 10.30 at night with Luke (thank you, Luke!) just to watch the match as they've got Foxtel there. Some IH-ers were trying to stream from the net the match which I highly doubted they could. To my dismay, Foxtel did not show the match! In fact, the IH-ers managed to stream ittt!! Sigh, quite disappointed la that night. Oh well.

A few weeks back, Alvin, my Sri KDU class mate, celebrated his 20th at Eve, Southbank. It was good meeting up with old old pals whom I love and missed!

The girls who went :)

Other College events:

Mexican Night with Monicaa :)


Winter Dinner with yee von, a beautiful girl inside out! :)

Lastly, presenting...

ICSS Moulin Rouge Ball.

Yes, organised by ICSS- the society I'm in! Those of you in Melbourne, please please make it! We're putting a lot of effort making this this ball the bomb. Support okay people? :)

P.S: Through having a post in a society that I realize that with power comes responsibilities. To make something work, the whole process counts, from planning, to delegating, to having meetings and meetings and meetings, to finalizing things, to actually carrying out the tasks, it's not easy! But when you imagine how beautiful the end product's gonna be, it's all worth it!

Yuet & I in one of our chalk-runs outside Union House. Beautiful, right?? :)


Oh my god, haha. I was on High Table last night and that was on my table seat :) just felt like posting it up for memories! Been to High table three times so far. First was last year, when I just got to IH, and called by the office. Second time was for the badminton team who went to the finals. And third time (last night) was for the people who helped out in Open Day. I love high tables, why? 'cause we get nice nice pastries and winee during pre-drinks. And more wine during dinner. And we get to sit one level higher in the dining hall with the head of college and tutors. I drank too much wine last night and fell asleep straight after dinner. I'm a terrible drinker :p then again it's no surprise to many ;)

Good night, hope to update soon! :)


1 comment:

Kien Seng said...

wow....nice to join the badminton team...are u playing in the UNI games?