Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And this is why.. wei lynn will not be able to lose weight. She told herself that she will not have any tea-time snacks, suppers, or extra rice during meal times. She even had the idea of only having fruits + juices for a week. Of course, it won't be able to happen..

Just last night itself she had a late night supper at a mamak. She had a huge bowl of curry mee for lunch, and 2 hours later she snacked on more CNY cookies with 2 slices of cheese cake. And each time she tells herself to not have rice for dinner, she ends up adding rice.

IT'S ENOUGH!!!!! Starting tonight, I shall be disciplined.
(There is a line between having just enough and being greedy; I have crossed that line and if I seriously don't put this to an end, I might just end up being a fatso!)

**
Reality hit. Reality check. I am now, a fully fledged... lady.

I'm no longer a teenager. I'm now, 20 :)

Till a few days ago I still find it awfully hard to accept and believe that I've hit the big two oh. However, the rational side got the better of me and I'm now embracing this new age and turning point.. and yearn to be a more mature person =) Think twice before I speak, do not complain unnecessarily, be more aware of my surroundings, be more mindful, yes all these are traits I hope to upkeep.. wish me luck ok people :)

Since my birthday this year falls on the 2nd day of CNY, naturally, birthday dinner was celebrated with family and them relatives! During the day, we went for karaoke with relatives, and when I got back from the washroom, the song "Happy Birthday" was being played! Everyone sang to the song, I was so embarrassed ok. Thanks to my mom's idea! A good one, nonetheless! :p


Dinner with the bunch at a restaurant =)


Family & Batu mama from S'pore

This grandma of mine is one hell of an intellectual lady.. So sad that she got hit by stroke years ago. Nevertheless, her brain is as alert and quick as ever.. She told me in mandarin that she will come see my graduate in 3 years time. and that I will succeed in all that i do. it touched my heart, really!

With the cake Aunt Catherine from S'pre got me :) So sweet of her!


At the family lounge with dearest family- before I head to my little party


Outside my house

@ Mardigras, One U- My little birthday gathering :)


With my dearest Mandy & Elaine


with one of the coolest dudes around which also happens to be one of my closest friends- Pin Yu


with my best college mate ever- Foong Tsin


with one of the nicest girls around- Sammy


The whole group @ the Island bar


Inside the club- my girls! :)


The guys- Jimmy, Terry, Brian, Pin, Teng Jun, Noah, Seu Foong

P.S: I don't see you, Gene, Nick!

Ahh~ Fan got me this Flaming Lamborghini which is apparently.. a tradition for all birthdays!

All in all, I had an awesome birthday =) Really, I mean it! I celebrated my eve with cousins from Johor.. we took a stroll around the lake & park outside my place.. and we took tonnss of photos!! Will upload when I get it from them..

I want to thank those who called me(lainey, pin, gene etc), sms-ed me(almost every min i got a msg! made me feel like a queen ok that day; even friends whom i've lost contact with and friends I've even forgotten msged me! and btw, jo your msg touched my heart i almost cried! love u dear), emailed me- pj(your email was so so meaningful, thanks for everything), yng, and those who facebook-ed me. You guys mean so much to me! and thanks for making my 20th a memorable one. :)

**

P.S.: Thanks to all & especially Brian who took care of me that night! Owe you one ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh pangsai, that means you didnt get my voice message either? hahah i'm very depressed but just so you know, i'd left you a nice one :(

-sandy