Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hehe I stayed back @ the office today! Normally I'll leave at about 6pm.. However, tonight was an exception. I stayed till 9 pm yo! :) U all must be wondering why right??

Well, I wanted to take pictures of KL at night :) hehe. I am absolutely in love with it! The office was at one of the higher floors in the twin towers. Hence the amazing view. Will post the pics up next time.. =)

It was only yesterday that I realized Valentine's Day falls on this Thursday.. Sammy & I had a deal, if we both are dateless by tomorrow, we'd be going/organizing a singles party. Right Sammy dear?? :) Lol!

Anyway, I had my little birthday gathering last Friday. I had a great, great time. Was a bit sad initially as many close friends couldn't make it, all going back hometown as this year my bday falls on the 2nd day of CNY.. However, many still turned up in the end! ^^ (haha my first time using this emoticon! got influenced by jo!) And we enjoyed ourselves very, very much, didn't we guys? =p

Besides visiting lots of open houses & outings.. I also experienced something quite different last weekend!

I had Korean dinner. With Koreans! :]

Well I would normally introduce the people first; but this time, suspense a bit! hehe. So, the food will come first okie..


Kalbee, also known as Beef spare ribs


Kimchi and various Korean side dishes filling the table

I liked the beef more so I posted a bigger picture of it, as compared to the dishes above! hehe.

Oh oh! Lol chien loong told me once he ate it all up 'cause he thought he had to pay for it. We don't have to pay for it la as it comes together with the main dish, but of course, it has been included somewhere in the bill..

The Korean style of eating is: to wrap the beef & some veges with lettuce!

Though I'd rather much prefer:

Our RM4 Korean rice!!

It tasted better than normal rice; well it had to ok! I can buy a Yong Chow Fried Rice with that price... hehe.


My brother being fed by her!

Oh, did I mention that it's the Korean culture to feed their loved ones/friends during meal times? Yes, they do!! I was surprise because the Korean girl asked me to open my mouth, and fed me, out of the blue! The last time someone fed me was years ago...


And now introducing... Jung Ji En! She's my brother's uni mate, :)

She's one of the most hyper, talkative girls I've met. Always so excited wan!! She talks more than me hehe. It's true ok!! Anyhow, she asked my brother to give her a name. And he suggested April. She now introduces herself as April!


Another Korean chick! Sung Wun Hae; Chien Loong's gal :)

When we were taking pictures, the Korean girls were passing each other this thing and I wondered what it was. And suddenly, they passed it to me too! It was then I realized that it was a mirror. Hehe... They were checking how they look :) Well we Malaysians will just check the picture taken & see if we look alright. I learned something now about Korean girls! =)


The sweet couple! ;)


All of us including Tatenda, the girl on the most right- She's from Zimbabwe.

It was so funny because I came with my brother & Ji En. And CL came with his girl & Tatenda. Little did we know that the 2 Korean girls knew each other beforehand already!! Lol.


Us girls =)

I had quite an experience interacting with the Koreans! Firstly, I realized that it's not easy for them to speak English, and the fact that Ji En & Sung are quite fluent in this language is amazing. Though Ji En does get frustrated sometimes trying to describe certain things in English! And when she gets frustrated, it's so funny. My brother will then help her with it. I kept laughing in the car!!

Also, I realized that Korean girls care about their image a lot :) Always wanting to look their best! Absolutely nothing wrong with that because I feel looking good enhances self confidence, thus making you feel good! Lastly, I find them korean girls to be really open with their culture; willing to explain to others about this & that. Basically, they're friendly, nice and sociable!

It was nice meeting you both, Ji En and Sung!! And also Tatenda.. :) The first Zimbabwe-an I've met! Oh and I also found out that Zimbabwe is beside South Africa and Bostwana. Hehe.

Alright, time to catch up a bit on my reading before I turn in.. Ahhhh, 6 a.m. again tomorrow!! Nights everyone :)


No comments: