Friday, February 22, 2008

Today, I revived the good old days of sitting the LRT. Except that I wasn't heading to work, I was heading for a final lunch with my lovely bunch of colleagues. And to collect my reference letter of course. :) Thank you, Kah Ling! You're truly a great boss :D

Where did we have lunch? "Avenue K" Food court it was, again :) And I had the famous Pan Mee for the first time! I'm not much of a fan of Pan Mee you see, so I never tried it despite the countless times I've eaten at the food court. We had a chilling lunch, with each telling their stories, with me telling mine too. I'm so blessed and fortunate to have known them.

Last Friday was my last day of work/internship. AK, being the sweet and thoughtful guy he is, got me tickets for Sky Bridge! I did say I wanted to visit it, by illegally walking through it hehe, not by following the proper tour! I wonder how long it took him to que up just to get the tickets. If you're reading this- Thank you A.K.! Foong, one of my closest friends, came to have lunch with me on that day itself. I invited him for Sky Bridge as I had 5 tix with me :)


Haha, yes 4 of us in the 3D room where they introduced the Petronas Twin Towers to us!

AK, Yen, Me & Foong

We were looking smokin' hot baby with those cool look alike sunnies on :p though Yen kept laughing at me, uhh meanie!


In the lift up towards the Bridge. Looks damn complicated. Foong took this for me..


Here we are! Sky Bridge.

If you look closely, I'm right in the middle, having a little chat with the tour guide.


Hehe the four of us again, standing tall (yes that means me too) at one of the tallest buildings in the world.

These were taken a few days before, when I stayed back at the office till late:

View @ 7.30 p.m. :




View @ 8.30 p.m. :



When I was outside KLCC:

Pride of our country ;) Be proud, we Malaysians! It indeed looks gorgeous, esp at night.

Last Thursday, the little farewell lunch I organized @ our pantry:

The group who were so kind to spare some time to attend this 'potluck' lunch =)

P.S. We missed you, Alicia! (She was in S'pore with her bf & his family) She's my "talking crap" kaki. Hehe. Very nice girl!


Aunt CC (I only call her that outside office) & Me
Isn't she beautiful? :)

She got me a birthday pressie! Omg so sweet of her! A beautiful scarf :)


The gorgeous Finance ladies, who are all beautiful on the inside, as well as the outside! :)

L-R: Kah Ling, Sheau Wen, May Yee, Me, Valerie, Swee Yun & Katherine

Candid shot- Someone commented that I look pretty inside here, hehe that's why I'm posting it up! :p

The other side of the group :)

Ahh, introducing my two new friends. Yen & AK :D

They are new recruits of the company, and although they are older than me and I'm only an intern, they treat me like one alike! Really fortunate to know them, and it's such a pity we only started having lunches together during the later part of my internship.

Nevertheless, we are going to keep in touch, aren't we guys?? =) They are like kor-kors to me.

Just for memories :)

Birthday card & present from AK (which came as a surprise) and Farewell card & farewell present from both AK & Yen (which came as a larger surprise hehe) :)

Thank you so much, guys! Almost made me want to cry only :(

There you go- both of the friendly dudes(now friends) I met

I looked as if I was crying because I caught a bad cold the whole day, and I kept sneezing every minute now and then. Had to squeeze my nose with tissue during the whole lunch period. So embarassing! On my last day of work some more... want to look a bit pretty also cannot :(

... And here's a little something for you!
*only if you don't think of me as a perasan girl lol*

Wei Lynn's outfits @ work:

Sometimes, she goes for the classic, sweet style.

Sometimes, she goes for the 'chic', serious purposeful look.

At one point, she wanted to look plain, sweet, simple
(She only wore this once)

When she gets bored of long sleeve collared tops with slacks, she freshens up her day with this 'shorter' skirt.

However, please don't get the wrong idea of me dressing up to work! These are the few exceptions, and I only wore these outfits once or twice to the office. Most of the days, I stick to long sleeves and slacks.... which I think I'm starting to miss.

Before I go, there's a few quotes I'd like to share with you all. I extracted them from the walls of the office.

# Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. > George Bernard Shaw

# The invariable mark and wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common. > Ralph Waldo Emerson

#When I was a child, my mother said to me, If you become a soldier, you will be a general. If you become a monk, you will end up as the Pope. Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. > Pablo Picasso

# I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. > E.B. White

#Imagination is a very precise thing, you know- it is not a fantasy; the man who invented the wheel while he was observing another man walking- that is imagination. > Jacques Lipchitz

If there's one thing I learned from my first internship is,

To always be humble, polite, and be willing to learn.

Honestly, which uni you come from only plays a small part- what's more important is that you are able to do the job given to you. There's a chinese saying which goes, 'qiang zhong zi you qiang zhong shou'. Direct translation: There's always a stronger one among the strong group. Basically it means that there's always someone better than us out there. Like what vee meng just told me earlier, we learn from everyone we meet. 'If we know others, we are learned. If we know ourselves, we are wise.' or something like that :)

Thank you so much Sheau Wen, Valerie, Alicia, May Yee for being patient with me for the past one and a half months. For answering my questions, teaching me how to do this & that, and most importantly, for treating me as part of your team. Forgive me if I've made mistakes. Also, a big Thank you to Aunt CC & Kah Ling for giving me this amazing opportunity. Love you all!

Alright, it's awfully late now, and I'm going sailing in about... 10 hours time :D oooh ooh i totally, can't wait... =) it's gonna be my first time.

Nights everyone!!

No comments: