Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Boo, I was having a bad day at the office... all because I caught a flu! And I can't stop sneezing.. Is it true that if you sneeze, it's an indication that someone misses you? ;) lol I'm not sure how true is that, but I'd like to think that someone out there misses me! Whoever that person is la. hehe.

Anyways, I'm feeling so much better now because I just fed food into my tummy, again. I had so many meals today already. And to end it all, I sinned with more CNY cookies. I can't help but to think, what a trade off this is.. just when I started hitting the gym, I'm eating more than usual..

Yesterday, I woke up really late (7.30 a.m.) for the first time, and well it's the time where I normally leave house to head to the train station. I rushed like mad, and arrived at the office 15 mins late (not too bad, I thought). I was feeling drained, lifeless. Not because I dread work, but because I did not have enough sleep the night before. And just when I was thinking, 'how am I gonna get through the day?' I saw a black plastic bag (with something in it I assumed) on the side of my table.. Curious, I opened it.


A note from a new friend of mine @ the workplace!

With homemade cookies inside ;)

It made my day, really! Any negative thoughts of how drained and jaded I was just disappeared! Well, this friend A.K. doesn't know about my blog; but I'd like to thank him for this lovely morning surprise :) (well, he told me his mom made cookies and i sort of asked him to bring some but i didn't know he meant it! so it's still considered a surprise la :P)

It's these little things in life which makes me happy.

**

I'm supposed to sleep early tonight as it's a loongg day tomorrow! Despite it being the new year eve, I've still got work. And, relatives from Johor & S'pore will be over at my place tomorrow evening! I anticipate a hectic yet exciting evening ahead :) Really gotta help around the house, though...

Last Friday was a public holiday for me. A big Thank You to our prime minister for at the last minute, declaring Thaipusam as a public hol for the federal territory area. I was estatic. I got to wake up at 10 in the morning :D

Wei Yang & I visited our beloved high school, Sri KDU- where we attented form 4 and 5 there. We wanted to collect our SPM certs, which has been buried there since ages ago. Hehe. And also to visit our favourite teachers! :]


Looking at the long yellowish-blueish coloured corridors brought back so much memories! We used to store our textbooks inside, crowding outside the classroom to 'lepak', gossip with friends and all. To me, this corridor sorta shows our future; a long winding road yet so much for us to explore.


The class I attended when I first got in KDU. I love my class!


Mr. Selvam & I

My BM teacher for two years. I didn't really like him at first, cause I thought he thought I wasn't proficient. Turned out he was one of the teachers who had so much faith and confidence in me that I will kick ass in SPM.


Omg. My favourite place in form 4. Hehehe... Whenever I feel tired, I will head to this place for some silly excuse stating I have headache lah, period pain lah... and I was given a room to sleep for about an hour and a half. I'm so naughty I know!


Mr. Hew & Miss Tai

Mr. Hew IS my favourite teacher in Sri KDU! hehe. He was my Add math teacher in those 2 years, and I was the subject leader for Add Math in form 5. Why? 'cause I simply love the subject AND the teacher! I used to bombard him with millions of questions and I'm pretty sure I was annoying as hell, yet he was patient with me, all the way till the end!

Miss Tai taught my class Accounts for a while and is very, very generous with her compliments! A really friendly lady :)


Ah, students playing badminton in front of the cafeteria! This brought back sweet memories :) I used to conquer it, okay! 'used to'


And guess who's this?! Melissa Campbell !!!!!

She's soooooo pretty, gorgeous, stunning but most of all- friendly like hell! And she's back on track to becoming a super star in the performing arts industry :) She acted in 'Anna and The King' years back where she was Chow Yun Fatt's daughter(Princess Fa Ying) in the movie. Now, she's acting in this malay series.. when I asked her when's her show, she was so shy to tell me! But i managed to dig out in the end anyhow! ;) Mondays to Thursdays, 10.30 pm Astro Prima! Go check it out okay...

I would love to see her in Hollywood one day. I somehow know she will make it there!

And lastly...

My companion for the day. Where we ended our visit with lunch @ A&W.

**

A little poem I'd like to share with all of you- a poem I fell in love with when I was a young girl.

The Little Things in Life
-Regina Riggs

Too often we don't realize
what we have until it's gone
Too often we wait too late to say
"I'm sorry, I was wrong'
Sometimes it seems we hurt the ones
we hold dearest to our hearts
And we allow stupid things
to tear our lives apart
Far too many times we let
unimportant things get in our mind
And by then it's usually too late
to see what made us blind
So be sure that you let people know
how much they mean to you
Take the time to say the words
before your time is through
Be sure that you appreciate
everything you've got
And be thankful, for the little things
in life that mean a lot.

**

No comments: