Thursday, May 7, 2009

Overwhelmed by the power of knowledge

Today, I attended a marketing tutorial taught by another tutor as I missed mine yesterday. As marketing is a very subjective subject, different tutors have different teaching styles. I happen to really like the one I attended today despite not getting any tutorial answers at all from any powerpoint slides (thus not having to rush and copy answers given and missed out on listening to important points); despite having nothing structured to bring home to as a safety net.

In spite of all these, I walked out of the class a much more knowledgeable person than before. After all the listening and engaging, I understood marketing in a better and different perspective, something you won't get out of the textbook.

Knowledge IS power; and the tutor today oozed out a hell lot of general knowledge and confidence. He even ended the class with: 'Don't think I've covered questions 3 and 4 did I? Oh well it doesn't matter. What we discussed about today is good enough to bring you to the exam'. Yes, he's that confident. Questions 1 and 2 weren't even answered strucutredly, they were answered without us even knowing they were answered because he brought in various companies and scenarios to let us comprehend better.

Mummy has a modified quote altogether though, she goes 'Applied knowledge is Power', which I find to be even more true because if you don't apply it, to what use does it have to you, right?

Knowledge is something I yearn for now and I really hope to buck up on my general knowledge as I'm aware of how "unknowledgeable" I can be when engaging in different conversations with different people. *sighs* in fact, i'm the worst in my family. I'm not kidding! My brothers- younger brothers, always tease me that i'm book smart, but not street smart. Damn. About time I take some action eh? :p

And great hehe- I just found the answer for my last business finance assignment question from google, which consequently led me to a reliable site. hehe. I wasn't sure because everyone had different answers. Thank you Google, there's a reason why you're listed as one of the top global companies in the world.

No comments: