Monday, May 4, 2009

Benefit of the doubt

In life, it's easy to want things your way and expect things to turn out the way you want it to be. But does it always happen? No.

The same goes to people in life. It's easier to give others the benefit of the doubt, rather than jump into conclusions and start the whole pondering, wondering and eventually accusing thing. because if someone doesn't treat you the way they used to treat you, or the way you expect them to treat you, it could be because of a whole lot of reasons. that person might have just gone through a hard time, or has just heard some bad news which made him or her react in this way, or just has undissolved issues in his or her life. 'to emphatise and not to critisize', i quote.

I wish to give you this benefit and I think I will.

Afterall, we wish to be given this benefit too in circumstances where these do happen. Pardon me if I'm wrong. :)

1 comment:

poh eng said...

What you write here is very true. I am very proud of you, to be able to think like that. On this note, I also learn that sometimes when people are not nice, there must be reasons , exactly like the possible ones you mention here.