Sunday, April 26, 2009

Should I call? Or should I fold?

The pot was huge with raises & all of that. I got a Kings pair, or a pocket kings in poker terms. The flop had an Ace and Nine in it, and player 1 had been raising consistently. I called whenever he raised, and the table of 4 has been reduced to 3. At the river (lol I just googled the term), player 1 went ALL IN. Player 2 was deciding whether to call; and I, stood there not knowing if I should, too. I took the advice of a friend that if player 2 calls, I should fold. After all, P2 might have something, no? And in my mind, I've always thought P1 had an Ace pair.

Showdown time (gosh I'm beginning to sound like a poker player now eesh!), Player 1 had nine pair. Player 2, I can't remember but it was better than what Player 1 had, but NOT as good as my hand's. The already BIG pot went to P2.

I was on the lead. After this move, everything went downhill. It was me vs P2 who didn't quite show me mercy ;) Lol!

After the tournament where we supported player 2 in the final table whom lost, we headed back to P2's place for a home game.

Me 'owning' after 4 players being reduced to 2

So it was me vs C this time. Got him to take a pic of me with my 'bundle' of chips, and since then- everything went downhill yet again! Boooooo..... :(

Apparently, I angered the 'poker gods' because I was being abit too confident??
-_-

Poker oh poker! You made my night and that 17 dollars was worth it :)

It was the thought of Ken who made me join this tourney and I'm glad I did. He loves poker and always talks about it, I feel that now I can share my joy with him too^^ Love you, Ken!

And thank you to D, YT, YL and JS for coming when I asked :) and C for supporting heh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha lolz ....

P1, P2 and P3 haha, nice ....

next time i definitely won't let you off that easily ;D

Wei Lynn said...

heheh!! who are you? derek or yi ting? :p play again lah sometime. hehe.