Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Midnight rambles!-

Melbourne Uni students are crazy! Was at ERC till past midnight and so many people were still there! Omg, what are they doing there till so late. So hardworking meh :( In comparison to me.. sigh. Anyhow I was there too tonight because had to do some last minute work hehe.

So I was researching on companies for my 30% marketing group assignment, and realized that I know barely half of the top 20 global companies!! talk about me being a commerce student. super shy. but but!! now i know ok?? so no one can tease me about it! at least the top 10 la.

Guess what caught my attention?? The mention of FB in.. look below!

**

In BusinessWeek, Facebook's number 40 in the top 50 most innovative companies with 51% of its customers who thinks so. But it's dropped from rank 29 last year, quite surprising I feel. Considering that it always 'innovates' itself... always got new layout etc etc! well I doubt I belong to the 51% :p i hardly log onto fb nowadays. lazy la :(

In Fortune, Global 500 for the year 2008- ranks 2 to 4 are all owned by the Petroleum Refining industry. Exxon Mobil taking number 2, Royal Dutch Shell taking number 3 and BP taking number 4 consequently. Each originated from Texas, U.S., Netherlands and Britain respectively. BUT, under the fastest growing top industries, this industry is still behind Banks...

**

Wow, I am amazed myself. Talking things OF SUBSTANCE for once. ;D hehe.

Sorry If I sound a bit sampat tonight, it's 2 a.m. and I just had 4 pieces of bread with nutella (my <3), chocolate milk, and I fried myself 2 eggs!! SIGHH. blame the cold weather. it's freakishly cold it sinks into my bones. :( had to cling on to my best friend once again *hehe michelle would understand this.

Anyhow, based on my last post.. there was this 'ambitious' part of me stated in there. I have to tell you that it died down a little. I guess at different stages in our lives, we yearn for different things. In primary, high school etc, you go for clubs and socities, but in University.. after being in ICSS and baddy club for 1st and 2nd year, I just want to enjoy my 3rd year (which is next semester). Get a part time job, go to the gym, study (this is supposed to be the first shuucks!), hang out with friends I enjoy hanging out with, party, play sports I like, chill out... and... maybe poker. :) hehe! okay, okay. that minor infatuation with it is now fading off. haven't even managed to youtube wsop as recommended by ken. lol. maybe i will do that now actually.

*NEVERTHELESS, friends who are running for various high posts have my utmost, complete support still! Go SY & JS!! You guys make me proud :)

I'm superrr hyper now lah after eating so much!! terrible me. while miss elaine is swimming and exercising away with a very strict diet... her partner in crime is sinning all the way. sigh, nvm, i shall.. go to sleep now. with a satisfied tummy. and embracing the cold some more. how much better does it get, right?

2 comments:

Luke Lim said...

Yes omg I know. The people at frank tate crazy wan. I had to study there last week for my exams and every night 2amish still got so many people!

Wei Lynn said...

hehe yeah! 1-2 a.m. some fell asleep there some more! lol.